Your file has been allocated to your Exchange & Completion Team who will support you throughout the final stage of your purchase.
OUR TO DO LIST
- Your Exchange and Completion team will be in touch within four working days to introduce themselves and answer any questions that you might have about the next stages and that the purchase can proceed to completion.
- Prepare your file for the final steps of your purchase.
YOUR TO DO LIST
- Keep an eye out for your emails or telephone to meet your team and ask them any questions you may have.
ABOUT YOUR EXCHANGE AND COMPLETION TEAM
Your Exchange & Completion Team are here to get you through the final stage of your purchase:
- Send you the final Contract for your signature and prepare your file for exchange and completion.
- Contact the parties involved in the chain of transactions and agree the exchange and completion dates.
- Coordinate with the seller’s solicitor’s and your estate agent for completion to take place.
FAQs about exchange and completion
What is exchange?
Exchange is the point at which the transaction is legally binding.
What is completion?
Completion is the point at which ownership of the property transfers to the buyer.
The next stage in your purchase will be when the Exchange and Completion Team send you the final Contract for you to sign and return which is explained next, in blog 12.