LEGAL TEAM SUMMARY
Your file has been handed to your Legal Team who will be in touch with you shortly. Your Legal Team manages the legal aspect of the purchase of your property. They will review the Draft Contract Pack provided by the seller’s solicitors and searches completed on the property. They will then raise enquiries on any information that has not been provided by the seller.
The Legal Team will also act on behalf of your lender, reviewing your mortgage offer and its conditions, making sure that the property, and its legal title, is acceptable to the lender. They will report any issues to the lender, to obtain consent to proceed with the purchase.
Once responses to the enquiries have been received, they will review those responses and either raise additional responses or confirm that those responses are sufficient and that the enquiries have been completed.
A final review of the information within the files will then take place to confirm that the file is now ready to be allocated to the Exchange and Completion Team.
OUR TO DO LIST
- A member of your Legal Team will be in touch within the next four working days to introduce themselves and answer any questions that you may have
- Within 14 days, your Legal Team will review the Draft Contract Pack and raise any enquiries that are necessary
- Once the review of the Draft Contract Pack has been completed, you will receive a report on the documentation enclosed in the pack, as well as a copy of the enquiries that have been raised on your behalf
- When your mortgage offer has been received, your Legal Team will report to you on the conditions of that offer
YOUR TO DO LIST
- Keep an eye out for your Legal Team to be in touch, but in the mean time, now is the time to put together any questions that you want to raise with your Legal Team, or the seller’s solicitor
LEGAL TEAM FAQS
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REVIEW THE DRAFT CONTRACT PACK?
The time spent reviewing the Contract Pack will depend on the complexity of the purchase. We will frequently report back to you as we receive information.
Once all the steps needed by your Legal Team have been completed your file will be handed over to your Exchange and Completions Team.
WHEN WILL I SPEAK TO MY LEGAL TEAM?
Your Legal Team will be in touch within 4 working days following your file being allocated to them. You will receive a guide introducing you to your Legal Team and the next steps of your purchase when your file is allocated to them.
WHEN WILL THE ENQUIRIES BE SUBMITTED?
The length of time it takes for the Contract Pack to be reviewed and for the enquiries to be raised, depends on a number of factors. You can find out more about enquires through this blog here [link], however your solicitor will on average, submit the enquiries to the seller’s solicitor within 14 days of your file being allocated to your Legal Team.